10 things to say to an artist or crafter at a craft show.

    We've all seen the posts and blog entries highlighting the rudest, dumbest and most ignorant things people say while walking past vendors at a craft show. 
   As true as each of those sound bites are (I've heard many of them myself) I thought it would be a good idea to share the 10 nicest most encouraging things that have been said to me at various craft shows over the past 8 plus years.

10. "Your work is so unique, I LOVE IT!"
9.  "Oh wow! This is great!"
8.  "Each face is so different, how do you come up with so many different styles?"
7. "Your bears have so much character!"
6. "I was waiting on you girls to get done gawking...now that I see what your looking at I WANT ONE!"
5. "You have a great imagination."
4.  Every little kids totally amazed face
3.  Every stern grown man's totally amazed face
2.  They all look so alive and feel so real!
1. "You must really love your work because it shows."


So I hope my fellow vendors hear more statements like these and less hurtful stabs at our passion.  I hope it gives potential customers alternative talking points and inspiration on what artists work really hard to hear :)

-Karen with Tindle Bears


Comments

Popular Posts